Marta Arespa > CV
- 1998-2001 Business Studies - Universitat de Girona
- 2001-2003 Economics - Universitat de Girona
Curriculum prized with the “Extraordinary Prize in Economics” for the best academic CV of the year.
Curriculum prized by “ Col·legi d'Economistes de Catalunya” for being the second best curriculum in Catalonia in that year in any field of Economic Sciences Studies. “Accèssit del Premi de Reconeixement al millor currículum universitari.”)
- 2003-2004 Master in Economics - European University Institute, Florence (Italy.)
- March 2008 PhD in Economics - European University Institute, Florence (Italy.)
- 2005 Barcelona Macroeconomics Summer School – Course on Monetary Policy, Inflation and Business Cycle. Prof. J. Galí. UPF Barcelona (Spain.)
- 2005 CEPR Summer School in Trade, Industrialization and Development, Prof. F. Caselli, J. Eaton. Gargnano (Italy).
• Courses of the Unit of Teaching Innovation in Grad and Undergrad Education.
- Techniques to enhance communication and participation of students.
- Adaptation of courses to the European Higher Education Area.
- Teaching in the new context of teaching-learning.
- Practice on the oral discourse.
- Evaluation Systems.
- September 2007- September 2008: Center for the study of the Organizations and Decisions in Economics (CODE.) Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain.) Post-doctoral position: research and undergraduate teaching (Open Macroeconomics.)
- September 2008- September 2010: Department of Economics and Economic History. Unit of Foundations of Economic Analysis. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (Spain.) Professor: research and teaching: Intermediate Macroeconomics and Open Macroeconomics.
- July 2009- December 2009: European Central Bank. Internship in the International Policy Analysis Division (DG-International and European Relations). Project: role of emerging economies in the evolution of the allocation and composition of international investment in the developed world and collaboration in the preparation of a policy note on FOREX reserves.
- September 2010- current: Department of Economic Theory and CREB. Universitat de Barcelona (Spain.) Post-doctoral position.
- Macroeconomics of Extensive Margins: a Simple Model.
- A New Open Economy Macroeconomic (NOEM) Model with Endogenous Portfolio Diversification and Firms Entry.
- Gains from Financial Integration and Trade Openness: a Quantitative Analysis.
Work in progress:
- NOEM2: Portfolio Diversification and Monetary Policy (with G. Corsetti.)
- Portfolio Holdings and Globalization (with R. Straub.)
- New Insights in Trade Finance (with Diego Gruber.)
- (2002) Grant from Education and Culture Ministry for my collaboration in a research project conducted by Doctor Modest Fluvià, Universitat de Girona – Economics Department.
Topic: Empirical Study on the Evolution of Tourism in Costa Brava.
- (2004) Salvador de Madariaga Grant for research on economics in a field useful for the interests of Spain.
- (September 2003- August 2005) Grant from Spanish Ministry of Foreign affairs to participate in the Ph.D. program in Economics at the European University Institute
- (September 2005 -August 2006) Grant from the Spanish Ministry of Education.
- (September 2006 –August 2007) Grant from the European University Institute.
Participation in Research Projects
November 2008-current “Monetary and Fiscal Optimum Policies”
Financed by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation Code: ECO2009-09847. Main Researcher: Jordi Caballé (UAB.)
Conferences and (external) Workshops with presentation
- 12-13th April, 2007 CESPEM – Centro Studi Politica Economica e Monetaria “MARIO ARCELLI” - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Piacenza, Italy.)
- 11-12th May, 2007 -RIEF 2007 – International Economics and Finance -University of Tor Vergata (Rome, Italy.)
- 25-27th May, 2007 SMYE 2007 –Spring Meeting of Young Economists- Hamburg.
- 20th November, 2007 – Macro workshop – Universitat de Girona.
- 19th January 2008 – Royal Economic Society 2008- UCL, London (U.K.)
- 18-20th April 2008 – SMYE 2008 - Spring Meeting of Young Economists- Lille (France.)
- 11-13th December 2008 XXXIII Symposium of Economic Analysis – Zaragoza (Spain.)
- 7th-9th June 2009 INFINITI Conference on International Finance – Trinity Collegue of Dublin (Ireland.)
- 23rd-27th August 2009 EEA-ESEM Annual Meeting – UAB and UPF, Barcelona (Spain.)
- 29th-31st October 2009 ASSET Meeting- Istanbul (Turkey.)
- 10th-12th December 2009 XXXIV Symposium of Economic Analysis – Valencia (Spain.)
- 9th-11th September 2010 ETSG 2010 - 12th Annual Conference of the European Trade Study Group (Lausanne, Switzerland.)
- 24th-25th September 2010 ISNE 2010 - 7th Annual Meeting of the Irish Society of New Economists (Dublin, Ireland.)
Cooperation as Referee
- SMYE 2008 - Spring Meeting of Young Economists- Lille (France.)
- INFINITI 2009 – 7th INFINITI Conference on International Finance - Dublin (Ireland.)